Monday, October 10, 2011

June-ing Around

I'm fighting the urge to literally dump a bunch of photos on here for the month of June, just to help me catch up, so when I typed in the title of this post as "June" I had to stop and remind myself, this is not a sterile school work assignment, this is supposed to be fun!  And, while we didn't do a ton of Juneing around in June, we had a few things worth mentioning...

Mom visited Marin's kindy again, where I was allowed time to teach the class a little about the upcoming American Independence Day celebration.  We talked about the 50{1} states, and the flag, and what independence means.  I think they got it, but who am I kidding?  They are four year olds. But they did have fun coloring in the American flag print outs I brought with me.




I started learning to sew, thanks to my crafty friend Melisa.



What else happens in June, but Junetoberfest at your child's school.  That's right, we were asked to celebrate at an adults only, Belgium beer drinking, bratwurst eating, oompah band playing, chicken dancing Junetoberfest at Caden's school.  So we went.




I lost another American/Aussie friend in June.  Paige and her sweet family moved back to St. Louis, so we had a girls' dinner out at Kingsleys.

Paige & Dawn

Me, Paige & Kim

Melisa & Danielle

Danielle & Me

Paige, wrapped in her going away gift: a hand-woven Australian flag.

Melisa & Me.

Our groovy group of ladies.

Last, but definitely not least, Hallie moved into her big girl bed in June.  It was a bit of a sad moment for mom to realize that the last of the cribs were gone from the house, never to return.  {Please make no judgements about the paci in the photos...she's still a few months away from turning three, sheesh} Next on the list of projects is to start on a mommy-made quilt for her new bed, thanks to my sewing buddy Melisa.





And there you have it: the month of June.

No comments:

Post a Comment